Did you know that a water stain on your ceiling may have been caused by a leak at the other end of the house? Water can travel long distances horizontally and cause damage long distances from the actual leak creating a costly roof repair.
When water finds its way through your roof, it can lead to serious problems and even health concerns. When you call S&T Metals we will quickly pinpoint the leak source and quickly find a solution for your roof repair. You will get a warranty on workmanship and we will even help you find out if your insurance will cover it.
S&T is a local company based in Lowell Michigan who services Grand Rapids, Lansing and surrounding areas. We have provided been providing high quality professional work at an affordable price since 1998. Nearly two decades of experience in the industry has given us a the experience needed to get the job done right the first time.
The Top Cause of Roof Leaks
You may think that bad storms wreak the most havoc but one of the top causes of water intrusion is improper installation. Inferior work can leave shingles and tiles more vulnerable to damage when violent weather moves in. A weak roof is often a disaster just waiting to happen. Here are a few things to know when it comes to roof leaks.
[su_list icon=”icon: caret-right” icon_color=”#5E5E5E”]
- A small leak will only get bigger. Water will always take the path of least resistance and can be driven inside by wind and rain.
- A leaking roof can cause expensive rotting of decking, soffit, trusses and sheetrock damage
- Intrusion of rain into your attic can destroy insulation and foster growth of dangerous mold and mildew. These can even enter your duct-work and aggravate allergies and asthma.
- Ice dams can form on your roof if your home is not well-insulated, holding snow melt against your shingles and inviting water intrusion. (Use caution if trying to remove them yourself. You could damage your roof further).
- Blocked gutters can cause rainwater to back up under roofing which then can stay there (especially in the winter) steadily causing damage.
- Rain water may seep under damaged shingles or be driven into weak joints by wind, potentially damaging the underlayment.
Storm Damage Roof Repair
When violent weather moves through the area it can lift and even completely blow off shingles driving rain beneath them and the flashing. Wind can also turn loose debris into damaging projectiles that can damage your roof. If you notice any damage, it is important to call a professional right away.
Many times after a bad storm contractors come from other areas to canvas neighborhoods offering repairs. Beware of these so-called storm chasers are often from out of town and may not be around after the fact if you have any issues with their repair.
Many times storm damage may be covered by your insurance company. Many people aren’t sure if they may be covered. We always recommend discussing your situation with an insurance professional.
S&T Metals specializes in residential metal roofing and we have been doing it since 1998. We have the equipment and expertise to handle all of your roofing needs, including roof repair, roof replacement and new roof installation in Grand Rapids, Lansing, Kalamazoo, Rockford and surrounding West Michigan areas.